If you are experiencing your airlock bubbling or foaming a lot, even until the point it is coming out of the airlock and dripping onto your keg; do not worry! Your beer and airlock are absolutely fine.
When heavy beers are fermenting the airlock might be very active and can possibly overflow in certain cases for a short while. When this happens you can take the following actions:
- Remove the airlock
- Remove any liquid that has pooled on top of the keg lid or around the keg
- Sanitize keg lid and airlock well
- Place back the airlock as you initially did with some freshwater
1. Locate a blow-off container
2. Spray the container around the neck
3. Fill the container with water to keep it stable
4. Connect the blow-off tube with the connector. Make sure both are sanitized.
5. Sanitize the keg lid
6. Attach the blow-off